- Argument parsing
- Split a list into equal-sized chunks
- Time handling
Some useful commands, boilerplate code from my existing projects or things to use in new development.
- Python package managers - how to use tools like
poetryto install Python packages.
- Python pip versions - how pip uses version numbers
- Python recipes in my Code Cookbook.
- Python Cheatsheet website
Installing dependencies and installing your package
pip which are the traditional/common choices. And
setup.cfg as from my research that is also the popular/modern way to go. Use
requirements-lock.txt if you care about subdependencies.
If you care about installing your project itself (not just its dependencies), so it can be installed by others for example, only then do you need to worry about
See my installable package here:
#!/usr/bin/env python """ Install my-app. """ import setuptools setuptools.setup()
Some tools like poetry need
And if using Pipenv then use