Here is some info about me:
- Website design
- Databases and ORMs
- Web servers - building or querying REST APIs or GraphQL
- Data visualization
- Continuous deployment pipelines
- Shell scripting
- Automation (web scraping, job scheduling)
- Machine learning
- Test-Driven Development and Domain-Driven Design
Programming languages and tools used
See my Scriping languages resources to learn more about these.
- HTML and CSS
- Jekyll (static site generator)
- GitHub Actions (CI on GitHub)
- Shell scripting (Linux and macOS)
I want to learn more about
- Doc site generators
- CSS frameworks
- SCSS and SASS
- Vue, React and Preact
I am curious about
Tools I like using
- VS Code and PyCharm
- Jenkins and BuildKite
- Netlify and GitHub Pages
- Vercel / Now.sh
- AWS S3 / EC2 / Lambda / CloudFront
How I started coding
- I did Java in high school then forgot most of it over the years.
- I studied and started working in Marketing with a focus on digital marketing. So I got a good idea of advertising, social media, digital marketing, Google Anaytics and Google Adwords and building dashboards for analyizing brand performance.
- While working in the field of marketing, I started learning Python for free on codecademy.com.
- I got bored with completing exercises. Then I found opportunities to automate parts of my jobs - pull social media and Google Ads data from APIs, building reports to aggregate data and sending out emails. So I went back to learn more Python using the course and other free online resources.
- In 2017, I started my first tech job as Backend Developer.